Swallow School District
Swallow School began as School District #2 in the Warren Township on January 1, 1844 in a frame building across what is now County Road E at the Four Winds Farm. As student enrollment grew and learning needs changed, the original building was replaced in the late 1850s and then again by a brick building in 1894, which served the district until 2019 as a portion of the school building.
Since the district’s formation by local residents who greatly valued education before Wisconsin was even a state, the tradition of excellence and strong community support has allowed the district to flourish and become a destination for families and staff members alike.
Today the Swallow School District, a public school system, provides a four-year-old kindergarten through eighth grade education for approximately 440 students who reside in and around Hartland. Swallow students consistently perform in the highest percentiles on state tests with nearly 100% of graduating 8th graders exceed